The exclusive District Eight warranty is available only to you, the original purchaser, and becomes effective with your delivery date. District Eight will repair or replace at our discretion any piece of furniture that is defective in material or workmanship under terms and conditions outlined here. If District Eight determines that a repair is impractical, you will be furnished a substitute of the same or similar color, design, and quality.
1. OUR COMMITMENT & WARRANTY
District Eight warrants to you, the original buyer, that goods shall be free of defects in material and/or workmanship attributable to manufacture for a period specified in the warranty details below. Damage resulting from improper handling after merchandise is received or from exposure to weather or extreme atmospheric conditions is not covered by the District Eight warranty. Warranty is subject to normal use under normal conditions. Effective with products purchased on or after June 1, 2015.
2. DURATION OF WARRANTY
For products invoiced to a company, District Eight offers a 1-year warranty from date of delivery against manufacturer’s defects. Qualified defects will be repaired or replaced at company’s option, at no cost to the customer.
For products invoiced to an individual, District Eight offers a 2-year warranty from date of delivery against manufacturer’s defects. Qualified defects will be repaired or replaced at company’s option, at no cost to the customer.
3. LIMITATIONS & COVERAGE EXCLUSIONS
Effective with products purchased on or after June 1, 2015. District Eight makes no implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. These and all other implied warranties are specifically disclaimed. By implied warranties, District Eight references warranties that the law sometimes implies to have been given by the seller, even though they are not documented in writing.
Place of Purchase
- Our warranty protects purchases from Authorized District Eight Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers and from District Eight directly through our showroom or website.
Improper Care and Use
- Proper care and usage are essential to preserving your rights under the warranty. This warranty does not apply if your District Eight merchandise is damaged by the use of detergents, abrasives or harsh cleaning agents.
Accidents, Abuse and Normal Wear & Tear
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from negligence, abuse, normal wear and tear, or accidents: including (but not limited to) burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks, indentations or pet damage.
- Any product modification by retailer, consumer or other parties not authorized by District Eight will void this warranty.
Floor Samples or As-Is Purchases
- This warranty does not cover floor samples or products designated “as is” at time of purchase.
COM must be approved by District Eight to ensure suitability for upholstery.
All sizes and dimensions are subject to a 0.05cm tolerance.
Any colour samples or samples of wood can only be considered as a guide. District Eight cannot be held responsible for any differences between the sample and the delivered goods, as colour changes occur naturally over time. Variances are not considered to be defects. Wear and tear due to normal everyday use on upholstery, surfaces etc. are not considered to be defects.
5. CLAIMS PROCEDURE
First and foremost, should you notice a manufacturing defect, it is important that you promptly notify the District Eight sales and marketing team. To exercise your rights under this warranty, you must submit the original invoice number, date of damage or defect, product and description, evidence of damage (photo or video) and how it occurred via the claims form.
Please find the claim form on our website at districteight.com/warranty
For your convenience, there are a number of ways you may contact us: in writing, via fax, email or online as follows:
Phone: (+84) 28 38 170 310